Frost Heaves

1. Larry
    March 8, 2014

In July 2013 I had a new cement driveway installed taking out the asphalt and a new stoop and side walk to the driveway installed. My home is a Ryan built bi-level home with a decline slope into the garage. I know it was a cold and snowy winter but where the new cement driveway meets the garage floor and beyond the drains, the cement raised 1.5 inches and the now to clear out my garage floor with water and salt I have trouble since the driveway is higher than the garage floor and I can not get the water and salt to the drains. On my stoop the cement cracked diagonally, even though it has expansion cuts and rebar inside the cement. The other homes I my street have not done this. I am also worried that when the ground is thawed the cement will drop and crack more. Plus my contractor said he used 4 inch concrete reinforced cement class C mix. Why did it raise, crack? Do you have any advice for me now that the warranty has expired? THANKS I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT

March 9, 2014

Frost, non-compacted soil, continental drift, alien spacecraft hard landing. All are possible. For a detailed discussion, you may want one of my phone consults. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Shelby

I have a deck over a two car garage. I looking to install garage door opener on both I was told that the garage door opener would damage my foundation.