How to Make Bacon Wrapped Hot Wings
Chef Jason Hill of CookingSessions.com, furnished his recipe on making bacon wrapped hot wings. These smoked buffalo hot wings are quick and easy to make, and are a dressed up version of the standard buffalo hot wings recipe you've come to love.
Be sure to watch his video on the preparation of these wings. The video follows the Instructions below.
- 12 chicken wings, thawed
- Bad Byron's Butt Rub, for seasoning
- 6 pieces bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Tabasco Buffalo hot sauce
- 1/3 cup butter
- Sliced green onion, cut on the bias (green tops only)
- Season chicken wings with butt rub or seasoned salt.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half.
- Wrap each chicken wing with a piece of bacon, covering the whole wing like a spiral.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Smoke at 220 F for about 2 hours, or in a 220 F oven.
- Over medium low heat, melt down butter and stir in hot sauce.
- Place wings in a bowl and pour over the sauce. Toss to coat.
- Serve on a platter topped with the sliced green onion. Enjoy!