KEEN Utility Braddock Mid Waterproof Review

I'm almost embarrassed to say how long I've worn work boots, but thinking about it I feel it adds enormous value to this review.

Who better to review work boots other than a person who's worn countless pairs for over forty years.

I think it's fair to say that I was wearing work boots when I started renovating houses in 1973 as a part-time job in college.

Here's what you need to know right now before you read anything else. The KEEN Utility Braddock Mid Waterproof boot I tested was the most comfortable and best work boot I've ever worn.

One of the most important aspects of these work boots, in my opinion, is they are Made in the USA. The factory is in Portland, Oregon.

This is the most comfortable and attractive work boot I've ever worn. It's also perfect for HIKING. CLICK THE IMAGE to BUY it.

Here are the features of this boot:

• American Built with materials from around the world.
  • Direct attach PU midsole
  • Integrated heel cushion
  • KEEN.Dry waterproof breathable membrane
  • Lining with hydrophobic/hydrophilic 2-zone comfort technology
  • Meets or exceeds ASTM F1677-96 Mark II non-slip testing standards
  • Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH Standards
  • Not compatible with aftermarket insoles or orthotics

Here's what I LOVED about this pair of work boots:

• Styling - it's the most attractive work boot I've ever owned
  • Support - the boot is stiff on the upper half, but not so much it restricts movement
  • Super-Grip Sole - Prevented me from falling on my steep icy drive
  • Amazing Laces - seem to be non-slip so they stay tied
  • WATERPROOF! Need I say more?

Here are some other images. CLICK HERE TO BUY a pair now.

This is one great sole. CLICK THE IMAGE to BUY the boots.

The boots are easy to put on. CLICK THE IMAGE TO BUY

7 Responses to KEEN Utility Braddock Mid Waterproof Review

1. [email protected] says:

I like to try boots on before I buy. is there a retailer I can go to in order to see them?
    Dennis

• I thought Amazon bought Zappos. Zappos is an online retailer that pays for return shipping if the boots don't fit.

I can tell you the sizes run TRUE. I'm a 9.5 and the 9.5 boot fit like a glove.

2. Thank you for the review. I'm not sure how "Not compatible with aftermarket insoles or orthotics" is a feature. I'm looking for a transition boot from Redwing, but I need to use my own custom insoles. Do these Keens not have removable insoles?

3. Love your columns! This boot looks great, but you didn't mention whether it has a hard, protective (steel or plastic) toe, or a similar shank to protect from sharp objects underfoot. Without these features, I would say this looks like a nice hiking boot, but not very good on the job. I once had a 4 x 4 beam come down on my big toe, and I was wearing soft shoes. Not a pleasant situation!

4. Hi Tim,
    Greetings from Southeastern Arizona!
    Regarding car rental: I am not an expert but have learned over the years that the best deal and service is through Costco. It is the only place I go to when needing a rental. I even have AAA which gives me a discount on Hertz, but Costco is the easiest way to go.
    Paul