Lawn Mower Quick Start Guide
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY:
Yeah, I’m sure you know all about lawn mowers. You push them or ride them and cut the grass. But that’s ONLY if they START.
When was the last time you cursed like an old salt of a sailor because your mower failed to start?
Guess what? My lawn mowers and small engines start ALL the time within two pulls. How? See below!
What's more (no pun intended), I've never had to take any of my mowers to a repair shop with an engine issue. It's all because of the advice I offer in the Tips below.
Watch the video below unless you’ve come here from YouTube having already watched my video.
Be sure to look at the RELATED CONTENT links at the bottom of this page. Lots of goodies there for you.
|Top-Quality Fuel Stabilizer||Mechanics Socket Set|
|Flat & Phillips Screwdrivers||Safety Glasses|
|Tim's Favorite Tools|
- When was the last time you changed the oil in the lawn mower? Do it! NOW!
- Change the oil after every 50 hours of operation or at the end of the season.
- Always use fuel stabilizer in your gasoline. ALWAYS. Buy top-of-the-line product.
- When not using the mower, start it once a month. SET AN ALARM in your calendar.
- Remove the spark plug wire from the spark plug and put it back on. Do this THREE times. This ensures a good electrical connection. If you see corrosion, on the spark plug or the end of the wire, brush it off. Thanks to Wayne Foscue for this tip!
- Be SURE you're using the correct fuel that's required by the manufacturer. Your mower may run better on gasoline that does NOT contain ethanol. Some stations do sell gasoline that has no ethanol.
- Starting the mower or small engine regularly helps keep stabilized fuel in the carburetor.
- Keeping fresh fuel in the carburetor is the KEY to having the engine start every time.
- Change the spark plug every two years.
- Check air filter and clean it every 60 days unless you are in very dusty conditions. Then check and clean it every month.
- Celebrate your Victory!
Please subscribe to my Newsletter and get insider information on the latest home-improvement tips, and products. I guarantee you that my newsletter WILL save you time and money. Frequently, I include your questions with my answers and proposed solutions. Perhaps the best part of the newsletters are my reviews of new products based on my own testing. Click here to read my past newsletters.
It is FREE & EASY.
RELATED HELPFUL CONTENT:
The following video is NOT about fuel stabilizers or how to maintain a lawn mower. I've not taped that video yet. This video is about some cool lawn mowers!