Radiant Floor Heat Plates Video

Hi, I'm Tim Carter and I'm in the basement of an construction site on a very cold winter morning. Recent advancements in technology have led to improvements in radiant floor heating.

In this installation, there are transfer plates. These plates have a channel down the middle for the pex tubing. The pex tubing which carries the hot water is already installed in the channels. In the past, the pex tubing was just stapled to the underside of the floor. This caused a concentration of the heat along the tubes. With the addition of the transfer plates, the heat is spread over a wider area.

There are two transfer plates with tubing in each of the joist bays. The tubing runs down the length of the joist bay, turns back and through the other transfer plate. Then the tube travels to the next joist bay and repeats the looping.

The transfer plates are what increase the even warmth of the radiant floor heating. In addition, the transfer plates protect the pex piping from penetration from above. Be sure to get them installed when you add radiant floor heating.

3 Responses to Radiant Floor Heat Plates Video

1. With water rradiant floor heating, why not have the metal plates under the floor wider, if not completely touching?

Website looks very interesting!

2. Just want to know if my thinking is right. I installed a new well pump tank no long ago and before that I installed a new 40 -60 pressure gauge on the tank I replaced. I cannot get the pressure to stabilize. The pressure dopes to about 40 PSI and then will go up to about 58 PSI and does not stay level. This tells me that I have a leak someplace. Either the backflow valve in the well pump is not working correctly or I have some fixture in my house that is leaking pressure. Most often a fixture leak is in the toilet flappers. I have check all of my bath rooms (4) and I do not see any water running in the bowl that would tell me the flapper is leaking and causing the tank to try and keep filling. I guess I could shut the water supply off to the house and see if the pressure stays stable. If it does, then I would mean the backflow preventer on the well pump is not working correctly or has dirt in it. If it turns out to be the well pump can I just install a backflow valve in my supply line at the well pump pressure tank. Look forward to hearing back from you if my thinking is good or not.