Sakrete Flocoat Video

1. Josephine Iovino

HI Tim,

I watched the video on Sakrete Flocoat. It was a beautiful way to make concrete look fabulous.

Is this the product my neighbors are hiring contractors to make their concrete floor in the garage look good and can be cleaned easily?

Hoping to hear your response.

Josephine Iovino

February 25, 2014

I have no idea what you're neighbors are doing. I can't see them from my house. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. kentuckylady717

Love the FLOCOAT video....that is so cool.....I bet a lot of people will be doing this , this summer....I sent it to my daughter.....she liked it too....so they may be doing some of this too.....
    Wonder if they have it at LOWE'S which is near us ? Guess we will check and see.....thanks for a great video.....you do good work ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Sylvan
    March 15, 2014

Ooops, well, I thought it was gong to be more of a how-to video. Sorry. This is my first visit to the site.

March 16, 2014

It's a video that introduces you to this great product. It was a tad cold in New Hampshire at the time the video was taped to do a How-To version. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Ray Cronk
    March 18, 2014

Saw your article in our Homeseller magazine (in paper). Tried to Email you but couldn't figure how to do so.

In Lexington, KY
    Do driveway 'section' areas (have four) need to have 'breaks' separated to reduce cracking during any normal expansion of the sections??
    Any idea how much is needed for about a 20X30 driveway?
    You recommended covering finished product. Does it matter if plastic is black (absorbs heat, which you indicated wasn't good) or clear??

Assume edges need some kind of form to hold product in.

5. Edwardo
    March 23, 2014

Tim - Were you able to see/walk on the finished product?

I would like to know if the finished surface really works for a sidewalk. Hopefully Sakrete has been able to solve the problem of rain making sidewalks covered with similar materials extremely slippery.

March 23, 2014

It was at the show. I didn't walk on it the next day. I can tell you I KNOW IT WILL WORK. I've installed thicker overlays for years. It's a great product.

6. John Priest
    March 23, 2014

Tim, enjoyed your introductory video. Will this product work over a painted garage floor?

March 23, 2014

Questions like that always need to be directed to the mfr of the product.

7. Ray G.
    March 27, 2014

Tim,

My questions relate to your video and comments on the Sakrete Flocoat product. The video was great.

I am the President of a condo association in Connecticut and have a problem with spalling (from light to heavy) of some of our units concrete steps and walks. The complex is 8 years and the concrete itself seems to be in good condition.

We have been looking for a product that would be easy to apply and stand up to Connecticut winters in regard to durability and resistance to ice melt products and shoveling. In three years we have not found one that meets our requirements.

You gave a very positive statement to Edwardo (I KNOW IT WILL WORK) and it seems that you have a strong background in concrete. But, this seems to be a new product and do you think that it WILL WORK in our situation? Also,do you have any other ideas that we could research?

I thank you in advance for your response and/or comments.

Ray Gorynski

March 27, 2014

Ray,

You should probably order one of my 15-Minute Consults for your association. Much to discuss. Actually, you should order two. I have a feeling we'll be on the phone for 30 minutes. I have some great product ideas for you.

8. jim gilbreath

I have a patio that has cracks and needs resurfacing. will flocoat be suitable for recoating a job like this?

Possibly. Type: Concrete Overlay into the search engine here at my site. READ all my past columns about this topic and understand the challenges with CRACKS.

9. liz
    October 30, 2014

I h ave one inch thick expansion joints in the concrete. It's kind of new concrete, can I cover with a soft PVC or vinil rubber like or any other material to insert and make it level while preventing the concrete to crack? Any suggestions as to what product to use to cover the joints with a purpose of resurfacing (epoxy) to make it look shiny and beautiful? Do I have to resurface/overlay on top of the cover for the joints and before I apply the epoxy? Thinking that I could use Flocoat if I have to coat the concrete because of the joints.
    Thanks
    Thank you