2014 Treasure Hunt Secondary Prize Winners

Animated Button

It was a lot of work, but all the results have been tabulated.

There were 16,545 correct answers submitted to all of the questions asked on the five days of the Treasure Hunt.

The more days you played and answered correctly, the more times your name was in the above list.

Each of your correct answers represented one of the 16,545. 

That means you had more chances to win. It's like buying multiple raffle tickets at a church festival or buying multiple lottery tickets. This is why it was important for you to PLAY EVERYDAY.

Once I created the master spreadsheet with all the correct answers and the names of the players who submitted them, I went to random.org and used their tool to generate 40 different random numbers between 1 and 16,545.

Those 40 winners will now be matched up randomly with the assortment of 40 prizes I have!

Are you one of the lucky winners below? If so, contact me with your shipping address so I can send your prize!

Congratulations and thanks for playing the AsktheBuilder.com Treasure Hunt!

Keith Landry
Aaron Gottsch
Harold Zetomer
Len Taylor
Ken Ledford
Dustin Gebhardt
Richard Bowermaster
Shaun Thaler
Gerald Brydon
Anthony Digricoli
Jaye Faulkner
Peaches Larro
Reata Campbell
Charlene Syliva
David Price
Mike Hart
Ann Chiampa
Bill Burgess
JoAnn Williams
Judy Wasilewski
David Zirkle
Roy Elie
John King
Richard Sherlock
Loren Scott
Paul Johnson
Gregory Olson
Don Arrowsmith
Ivan Fisic
Patty Clawson
Russ Wade
Marty Rowe
Brian Bogdanovich
David Withnell
Tom Kelly
Bill Campbell
Dzeraldas Jakaitis
Jim Yost
Jim Mistiatis
Joe Romano

2 Responses to 2014 Treasure Hunt Secondary Prize Winners

1. Tim:
    This was my first year participating in your Treasure Hunt. Had a lot of fun, saw some great products, and got a lot of new ideas. (BTW, my wife’s cursin’ your name right about now...) I don't want to sound critical, but I'd like to offer a constructive suggestion for next year.
    I understand how you selected the 40 winners, i.e., the more correct answers you had, the more chances to win one of the 40 prizes. However, there is no advantage given based on the total number of correct answers given versus wrong answers.
    For example, if there are five answers each day, and the Hunt runs five days, there would be a maximum 25 correct answers. Thus, the contestant who scored all 25 correct would have better odds of winning a prize than someone who only answered 10 questions correctly.
    Under this system, there is no advantage for anyone scoring well versus poorly. In the example above, the person scoring poorly, less than 50% correct, can still win the same prize as someone scoring a perfect score (100%). Since I imagine there were far fewer contestants scoring 100% than there were scoring, say, 50%, there doesn’t seem to be much reward for doing well.
    Perhaps next year you might consider a tiered prize structure wherein prizes would be randomly awarded based on scoring categories. For example, one really nice price randomly selected among only those contestants scoring perfect scores, or over 90%, etc., 10 2nd prizes to those scoring 75-90%, etc.
    Don’t mean to cause you headaches, just thought it might make things more interesting.
    Great job with the Hunt, and thanks for listening.

• No one scored 100% each day. To do it your way would be a nightmare. The way I did it, each correct answer is just like buying a raffle ticket at a festival. Everyone has the same odds. Your way, only people would answer who were POSITIVE they had the right answer. No problem. Keep the suggestions rolling in.