Ask Tim

PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO. THANKS!

ASK THE BUILDER VIDEO ARCHIVES

If you can't find a video, then use the SEARCH ENGINE box you see at the bottom of this page.

Type in a short phrase that best describes your problem. Here are some examples of search phrases:

• clean tile grout
  • repair concrete crack
  • drywall repair
  • install tile
  • roof leak
  • AC does not work
  • best deck cleaner

Once the search results come back, CLICK EVERY one of the results and scan the pages.

If, after doing all of the above you still have a question, understand it can be a while before I get back to you. I can only afford to spend 15 minutes a day on this free one-on-one service.

To INCREASE your chances of getting a FAST answer, send in a great photo with your question.

When I open my Inbox, I LOOK FOR EMAILS that have ATTACHMENTS.

I answer those questions FIRST.

Here's an example of why I need photos. Tell me if you clearly understand what Kevin wrote to me. He did not send a photo:

"Just installed a new Washer/dryer plumbing/drain system. I ran the vent off the vertical drain trunk just before the hard trap in the wall. Will it be ok to have the line vented before the hard trap?"

Take the time to send a GREAT photo, and magic may happen.

Thanks!

If you have an IMMEDIATE need for help or an EMERGENCY at your home, you can have me call you on the phone or we can do a video call using Skype or Google Hangouts. To order that service, CLICK HERE.

Your Real Name:
Enter your email address below. Be sure to check for accuracy. If your email is not correct, we can't reply back to you!
Email:
The city and state where you live helps me know the climate/conditions in your area.
City and State:
Please type your question in the box below. Be sure to include enough details to fully describe your problem or question.
Your Question:
Use this to send me a photo or image
What can we do to improve AsktheBuilder.com?
Improvements: More Short How-To Videos

More eProducts

More Save Time & Money Ideas

House Plans

Since I will be helping you by answering your question, it would help me to know your age.
Your Age: 18-26 (Rare)

27-35 (Medium-rare)

36-45 (Medium)

46-54 (Medium-well)

55-65 (Well-done)

65+ (Extra Crispy)

To Submit your question to me, I need you to agree to my Terms and Conditions.
My Agreement: I agree.

I agree. You should do stand-up comedy, Tim!

I agree. Never quit your day job.

I agree. You need intensive weekly therapy.

P.S. Don't forget to check your email. Thanks for placing your trust in AsktheBuilder.com. We value every person who visits our website, and take pride in being online continuously since December, 1995. Thank you.