This section of deals with legal jujumagumbo.

I can't think of anything more distressing and distracting.

All pages here at are copyright protected. All rights reserved. The text, photos and videos here at may NOT be republished by you, they may not be broadcast by you, they may not be redistributed by you, and above all else all you content farm scrapers, you may NOT REWRITE anything you read here.

Content found at,,,,,,, etc. is commonly sourced from sites like with little or  NO attribution.

If you're a content pirate here plundering my columns, I hope you eat HOT DEATH.

Disclosure Policy:

The Federal Trade Commission requires that I publish the guidelines concerning any product reviews you see on this website. Please read my Disclosure Policy.

Libel in Comments:

This website is open to comments. You'll find user-generated comments under many articles and other pages. If you're making a comment, then don't commit libel.

Libel is a written statement about someone that is not based in fact.

Here's an example of libel:

"John Smith, who owns Smith Contracting in Anywhere Town, State of Your Choice, is a smarmy liar and a low-life cheat who'd steal money from his sick grandmother laying on her deathbed. "

Here's an example of facts:

"John Smith, who owns Smith Contracting, signed a contract with me that says, 'I will install an AAMA-approved Simonton window - model XXX - for $2,000.00 total cost to you.' I can provide you with a scanned copy of his contract where he states this. He actually installed a low-priced POC window from Home Depot, gave us a bill for $7,950.00 and has put a lien on our house because we refuse to pay him."

State all the facts you want, and allow other visitors to decide who is right.

As a website owner and publisher, Federal Law has been passed that offers immunity to me in case you do cross the line and commit libel.

Save all of us lots of time and don't commit libel. Just state all the facts of what happened and keep out all adjectives describing the person and his/her workmanship.

Your Use of

I grew up in the age before personal computers. We had search engines when I was younger, but we called them the Yellow Pages and classified ads in newspapers.

Do you still have a Yellow Pages in your home? Go get it and look to see the fattest category - the one with the most businesses in it. Is it Attorneys or Lawyers? You bet it is.

Before we go any further, you need to know that many of my friends are attorneys. They have read this page leaving with a grin on their faces.

Attorneys need work and many create billable hours filing lawsuits, writing interrogatories, doing discovery, taking depositions, etc. All these things create billable hours.

You and I pay for this *work* in higher prices of many consumer goods.

Ladders are a great example.

Have you noticed how expensive they are? It's because a large part of the purchase price goes to a legal defense fund and insurance premiums for when some idiot sets the ladder wrong or overreaches while on the ladder and falls.

The ladder company gets sued and decides to settle instead of fight.

Here's an important aspect of the situation:

The ladder company made a conscious decision to manufacture and SELL the ladder to you in exchange for MONEY. The acceptance of MONEY on their part obligates them, for the most part, to produce and give you a quality product.

Well guess what?

You're not being charged for the information you get from me here at the website.

You get the tips and secrets from me for free.

For you to even think of suing me is unacceptable.

If you feel differently, please close your browser now, go away and kindly never come back to

If you decide to stay, and I hope you do :-> , then you need to realize the following:

•  If you submit a comment on any page, a question,  a story, an image, a drawing or photograph to me via, you agree that I can use it on my website, publish it in any other future publication and/or license it to some other entity without any compensation from me. What you submit becomes MY PROPERTY.
  • If you do want compensation, any advice or knowledge you take away from visiting my website or from a reply I send to you is payment in full for life for anything you send to me.
  • You agree to use any and all advice found at at your own risk. Here is but one example of thousands of things that might go wrong after you follow some of my advice:
    • Let's say you try to solder a copper pipe the way I describe (which, by the way, will produce a leak-free joint as I'm a master plumber among other things).
    • One month later, the joint fails because you made a mistake and/or the materials you used were defective.
    • The running water floods your house, all of your possessions get ruined, your pets and children float away and can't be found, toxic mold blooms and coats all surfaces in the house, and then your house collapses from wood rot.

In the event something like the above happens, don't have your lawyer/attorney contact me, have them contact your insurance company instead.

See how simple lawyers make it to do business with

Are you in a grumpy mood now? Well don't blame me, refocus that negative energy towards those who file lawsuits each day to keep our litigious society and economy on a roll.

Tim Carter
Founder -