Legal

OVERVIEW: This section of AsktheBuilder.com deals with legal jujumagumbo. I can't think of anything more distressing and distracting.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE:  All pages here at AsktheBuilder.com are copyright protected. All rights reserved. The text, photos and videos here at AsktheBuilder.com may NOT be republished by you, they may not be broadcast by you, they may not be redistributed by you, and above all else all you content farm scrapers, you may NOT REWRITE anything you read here. Hey folks at ehow.com, ezinearticles.com, squidoo.com, articlebase.com, howtodothings.com, hubpages.com, mahalo.com, etc. you got that?

Disclosure Policy:

The Federal Trade Commission requires that I publish the guidelines concerning any product reviews you see on this website. Please read my Disclosure Policy.

Libel in Comments:

This website is open to comments. You'll find user-generated comments under many articles and other pages. If you're making a comment, then don't commit libel. Libel is a written statement about someone that is not based in fact.

Here's an example of libel: "John Smith, who owns Smith Contracting, is a liar and a cheat."

Here's an example of facts: "John Smith, who owns Smith Contracting, signed a contract with me that says, "I will install an AAMA-approved Simonton window - model XXX - for $2,000.00 total cost. I can provide you with a scanned copy of his contract where he states this. He actually installed a low-price window from Home Depot, gave us a bill for $7,950.00 and has put a lien on our house because we refuse to pay him."

State all the facts you want, and allow other visitors to decide who is right.

As a website owner and publisher, Federal Law has been passed that offers immunity to me in case you do cross the line and commit libel. So to save all of us lots of time, don't do it. Just state all the facts of what happened and keep out all adjectives describing the person and his/her workmanship.

Your Use of AsktheBuilder.com:

I grew up in the age before personal computers. We had search engines when I was younger, but we called them the Yellow Pages and classified ads in newspapers. Do you still have a Yellow Pages in your home? Go get it and look to see the fattest category - the one with the most businesses in it. Is it Attorneys or Lawyers? You bet it is.

Before we go any further, you need to know that many of my friends are attorneys. Seriously, and they have read this page with a grin on their faces.

These people need work and many create billable hours filing lawsuits, writing interrogatories, doing discovery, taking depositions, etc. All these things create billable hours.

You and I pay for this stuff in higher prices of many consumer goods. Think of ladders. Have you noticed how expensive they are? It's because a large part of the purchase price goes to a legal defense fund and insurance premiums for when some idiot sets the ladder wrong or overreaches while on the ladder and falls. The ladder company gets sued and decides to settle instead of fight. Remember, you *paid* for the ladder. That is an important point.

Well guess what? You are not being charged for the information you get from me. You get the tips and secrets from me for free. So for you to even think of suing me is unacceptable. If you feel differently, please close your browser now, go away and kindly never come back to AsktheBuilder.com.

If you decide to stay, and I hope you do :-> , then you need to realize the following:

•  If you submit a question, story, image, drawing or photograph to me via AsktheBuilder.com, you agree that I can use it on my website or in any other future publication without any compensation from me. If you do want compensation, any advice or knowledge you take away from visiting my website or from a reply I send to you is payment in full for life for anything you send to me.
  • You agree to use any and all advice found at AsktheBuilder.com at your own risk. Here is but one example of thousands of things that might go wrong after you follow some of my advice:
    • Let's say you try to solder a copper pipe the way I describe (which, by the way, will produce a leak-free joint).
    • One month later, the joint fails because you made a mistake or the materials you used were defective.
    • The running water floods your house, all of your things get ruined, your pets and children float away and can't be found, toxic mold blooms and coats all surfaces in the house, and then your house collapses from wood rot.

In the event something like the above happens, don't have your lawyer/attorney contact me, have them contact your insurance company instead.

That's it. See how simple lawyers make it to do business with AsktheBuilder.com?

Are you in a grumpy mood now? Well don't blame me, refocus that negative energy towards those who file lawsuits each day to keep our litigious society and economy on a roll.

Tim Carter
Founder - AsktheBuilder.com