Paint and Primer for Steel

1. mike roberts

hello I need some advise, I recently moved into a house that has all outside including the roof, (steel not metal) steel construction, not much insulation in the attic, and no vents, yep you guessed it condensation on the roof leaks on the ceiling so I assume blown in insulation and a couple vents may cure the problem, house is 1400 sq feet, plus the owners before me told me make sure I use Steel paint when I paint the roof, that being said, I see a lot of metal tips on painting but not steel,is there a paint with both primer and paint, plus do I haft to prep the roof first, and with what, needless to say I don't have the mony to pay the professionals and do have a friend willing to help, I have never been a maintenance person but it's time to now, thank you, Mike

Mike, Read all my past columns about condensation and insulation. All the advice you've ever wanted is there. I also have an entire section on paints for metal and steel. USE my search engine with different keyword phrases. "paint steel" "condensation on metal" etc.

2. Dustin little
    November 10, 2016

What is the best use for oil based primer?metal?who would be interested in a blue oil based primer? His much could 55 gallon drum cover?