Color My Door Contest and Sweepstakes Rules
The following are the official rules for the Color My Door contest and sweepstakes.
They'll give you a headache if you read all of them.
THERMA-TRU “COLOR MY DOOR” SWEEPSTAKES AND UGC CONTEST
The following content constitute the Official Rules for the Therma-Tru “Color My Door” Sweepstakes and User Generated Photo Contest (“Official Rules”).
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. In entering this promotion, you are providing your information to Therma-Tru Corp. and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. You must be a permanent lawful resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia (“D.C.”) excluding Puerto Rico, other U.S. territories. Must be 18 or older at time of entry. Minors must obtain their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission before entering. Void where prohibited by law. Internet access required.
- Promotion Period: The Therma-Tru “Color My Door” Sweepstakes and Photo Contest, sponsored by Therma-Tru Corp, (“Sponsor”) and administered by Tim Carter Builder, Inc. (“Administrator”) (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), begins on October 7, 2014, at 7:00:01 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) (the “Start Date”) and ends on October 27th at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT (the “End Date”) (collectively, the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of the Door Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), and a User Generated Photo Contest (“Contest”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: Entry into the Promotion is open to permanent lawful residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), who are 18 years or older at time of entry (“Entrant”). Entrants into the Contest must be homeowners. Employees, officers and directors of the Promotion Parties, their parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, the agents and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, and each of their respective spouses) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above, are NOT eligible to enter or win. By entering the Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final, and agree to waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to, or arising from, this Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and is void outside of the 50 United States and where prohibited by law.
How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to participate in the Promotion; entry into the Sweepstakes and entry into the Contest:
1. Sweepstakes Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must visit www.askthebuilder.com (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period, and follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) enter your email address; (b) register with Sponsor by completing all required fields; (c) electronically agree and accept these Rules; and, (d) press “Submit”. Before pressing Submit, you will also have the opportunity to uncheck the “Opt-In for Email” box. By leaving this box checked you agree to receive email updates about Therma-Tru unrelated to the Promotion. If you would like to opt-out of receiving some or all further information from Therma-Tru, either (1) take the opportunity to opt out wherever personally identifiable information is collected, or (2) take the opportunity to opt out in links on the bottom of email we send to you. Returning participants will not have to re-enter their information, as their email address will be recognized. Once the registration has been submitted, users can play games to earn entry to the Sweepstakes, or submit a photo for the Contest.
Sweepstakes: Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes any time during the Promotion Period. Entrants can visit the Website and answer brief questions for a chance to win the Sweepstakes. Two Sweepstakes prizes will be awarded during the Promotion Period randomly drawn on or about October 28, 2014, from among all correct entries received during the Promotion Period.
General Sweepstakes Entry Considerations: Each Sweepstakes Entry must be made by an individual person; use of script, macro, or other automated systems to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
2. Contest Method of Entry:
- How to enter to Contest: To enter the Contest, you must visit www.askthebuilder.com (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period, and (a) enter your email address; (b) register with Sponsor by completing all required fields; (c) electronically agree and accept these Rules; and, (d) press “submit”. Before pressing Submit, you will also have the opportunity to uncheck the “Opt-In for Email” box. By leaving this box checked you agree to receive emails from Therma-Tru and Therma-Tru authorized dealers. Returning participants will not have to re-enter their information, as their email address will be recognized. Once the registration has been submitted, submit a photo into the Contest (a “Photo Entry” or “Contest Entry”). Once you have and submitted a Photo Entry you will be considered a Contest Entrant (“Contest Entrant”). Contest Entry requirements are as follows:
Content of Contest Entry: To be valid and eligible, Contest Entries must adhere to the requirements and limitations set forth in this section.
- The Photo Entries must be uploaded between October 7, 2014, and October 19, 2014. Voting will take place starting October 20, 2014, and will end at midnight on October 27th.
- Each Photo Entry shall consist of one (1) photo taken by the Entrant. Each Entry shall contain the image of the exterior door of a residence owned by Entrant. The door does not need to be a Therma-Tru door.
- There is no limit to how many times an Entrant may enter a unique Photo Entry during the Promotion Period, provided each Entry is different and distinct from any prior Entry; an Entrant may not use the same photo for more than one (1) Photo Entry.
- The following is a list of prohibited content: obscene, lewd, offensive content; content not suitable for certain ages; commercial content; personally identifiable information; content previously published or entered into this or another Contest; and third party content (e.g. any copyrighted material, third party trademarks, and/or names/likenesses of third parties); disparages Sponsor and or reflects poorly on Sponsor’s brand. The Promotional Parties reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify or refuse to post an entry at any time. Photo Entries not adhering to these guidelines and restrictions will be considered ineligible, will be disqualified from the Contest, and will be destroyed. For a description of Contest winner determination and notification see paragraph titled “Contest” under Section 4 below.
General Contest Entry Considerations:
- Each Contest Entry must be made by an individual person; Photo Entries must be the sole creation of the photographer and the entry door depicted must be for a residence owned by the Entrant. Each Entry may not have won previous awards, may not have been published previously, and must not be awaiting publication or consideration in another contest. Additionally, the entry must be suitable for all ages, not obscene or indecent. Promotion Parties, at their sole discretion, retain the right to dismiss any photos that do not adhere to the terms under these Official Rules. If a child or children are in the picture, entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of the child/children featured and grants permission to Sponsor to publicly post the picture in connection with this Contest. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder and the owner of the residence depicted. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win.
- Entrant grants to Sponsor and its designees, the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free, transferable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and or otherwise exploit the photo in any manner and in any and all channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised without further notice or compensation. Entrant further expressly acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs and other materials submitted to it similar to or even identical to Entrant’s photo and that of Sponsor.
Winner Determination and Notification:
Sweepstakes: There will be two sweepstakes winners- one $100 prize and one $200 prize. Each potential winner will be notified on or about the day of the drawing, or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. For complete details on potential winner notification, see below.
UGC Contest: Up to seven (7) finalists will selected from among all eligible Photo Entries. Tim Carter, founder of AsktheBuilder.com and Kate Smith, founder of SensationalColor.com, will review the Photo Entries and select seven finalists based on their opinion as to which entries they feel will benefit the most from a new paint job. The seven finalists will be loaded to a webpage at AsktheBuilder.com and each AsktheBuilder.com newsletter subscriber will then vote which door they feel most will benefit from a color makeover.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reduce the number of awarded prizes, or to not award a prize, for any reason, including but not limited to, an inferior amount of eligible Photo Entry submissions than anticipated or unclaimed prizes, and further reserves the right to have final say in any and all matters related to the judging of the Photo Entries and the determination of the Contest winner.
General Notification Release: Promotion Parties shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winners for any reason.
- Prizes: There will be two (2) sweepstakes winners one of whom will win a Visa© gift card of $200 and one of whom will win a Visa© gift card of $100. There will be Three (3) Contest winners: (1) first place winner who will win a $1,000 Visa Gift Card prize; (1) Second place prize winner who will get $400 Visa Gift Card prize and (1) third-place finisher who gets a $300 Visa Gift card.
ARV of all Prizes: Two thousand dollars (USD $2,000.00).
All federal, state or provincial, municipal and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winners. The winner of the first place Contest Prize will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize. All prizes are awarded “as is” and Sponsor makes no representation or warranty with regard to any prize. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of any prize will not be awarded in cash or in any other form. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. No transfer or substitution of prizes (or any portion thereof) or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize is unavailable. The prizes will be awarded according to these Official Rules, provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying entries are received and the prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. This Promotion, or any part thereof, is subject to cancellation at any time, for any reason and without prior notice.
Winners must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim/participate in a prize and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release without additional compensation (where permitted by law) within five (5) days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. If a winner is deemed a minor in his/her state or province of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s agreement to hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of them (individually and collectively for the purposes of this Paragraph, “Promotion Parties”) from and against any injuries, losses or damages arising in any way from or in connection with their participation in this promotion, the acceptance, possession or use of the prize, Promotion Parties’ reliance upon their compliance with these Rules, or their participation in prize-related activities, and further constitutes winner’s agreement that the Promotion Parties may use his/her name, voice, likeness and/or biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation. Winners may be posted on the winners’ page of Sponsor’s website and may be announced by news release. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules, including verification of Entrant’s eligibility.
Promotion Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, damaged, stolen, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, illegible or incomplete; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions, damage to an Entrant's or any person's computer and/or its/their contents, or causes beyond the Promotion Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the execution, security, fairness, integrity, or proper administration of this Promotion; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Promotion, or in the announcement of prize(s)/prize winner(s); or (vii) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious conduct (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks). If for any reason the Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Parties that corrupt or affect the execution, security, fairness, integrity or proper administration of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Promotion Parties reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion, or any part thereof, and reserve the right, but shall not be obligated, to select a/the winner/s from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the time such action was taken. Promotion Parties reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or enters using any automatic and/or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- For the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope (VT residents may omit postage) after October 31, 2014 to: AsktheBuilder, 100 Swain Road, Meredith, NH 03253-4614
- All trademarks related to the prizes in this Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners and no sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with Sponsor, its products or this Sweepstakes is implied by their use.
- By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, parent and subsidiaries and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, from any and all liability arising from participating in the Promotion, any promotion relation activity, or any use or misuse of any prize.
Sponsor: Therma-Tru Corp., 1750 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, Ohio 43537.
© 2014 Therma-Tru Corp. All rights reserved.