Prevent Algae in Fountain

Ask The Builder ยท 63: Prevent Algae in Fountain

Available on iTunes

Prevent Algae in Fountain Podcast:

Tim Carter received the following email from Annette not too long ago:

"Using the same premise as using copper on the roof....can I place a copper pipe in a fountain to control algae growth? Is it safe for pets?"

You can prevent algae in a fountain, but not by putting a copper pipe in the water.

How Do I Get the Copper in The Fountain?

The copper needs to be in the water in solution, or the copper needs to be exposed to the sun.

You can use copper sulfate crystals. They dissolve easily in the water and turn it a very delightful blue color. Many love to see blue water, this is why authors call it the deep blue sea.

You can also put copper sheets on the fountain exposed to the sun. That copper works a different way.

Tim explains why in the above podcast.

This is exactly what you need to keep algae, mildew, and mold from your fountain. CLICK or TAP HERE or THE IMAGE NOW TO BUY IT.

Related Link:

STOP Algae from Growing on Patios and Decks Too

CLICK or TAP HERE to get FREE BIDS from local fountain experts who can make your water clean and any color you want.

Podcast Sponsor: Stain Solver - Certified Organic Oxygen Bleach

Oxygen Bleach

Stain Solver is MADE in the USA with USA ingredients that are food-grade quality. CLICK THE IMAGE to order some NOW.

Home Improvement and Home Construction Podcast

Related Links:

Different Blacktop Sealers - There is a Difference!

Subscribe to the AsktheBuilder Podcast

ask the builder itunes podcast ask the builder stitcher
.
Click for Spotify ask the builder soundcloud