Air Duct Cleaning and Sealing

1. Mary Williams

At one time I owned stock in Insituform, and when I saw your 7/2/11 column I considered it very similar (saved your column). Now I'm thinking about having the ductwork under the slab of my condo cleaned and, I would guess, it needs resealing. Also have one room where H/C does not flow freely into the room (found a duct-booster fan for that register, but people using that bedroom do not like the fan sound).

I've looked in the phonebook for companies offering this relining system, but, although there are numerous companies offering cleaning, don't see any that offer relining. Can you give my any names of companies offering the relining?

Thanks!

2. Michael

We recently moved into a new home just outside of Chicago, IL and woke up one morning to inches of standing water in most of our in slab vents. We do not have a basement or crawl space, so we are going with the option of getting a new up flow furnace and running supply flexible ductwork in our attic. We will then have a central return in our hallway for our 1,300 sq ft home.

What is the best way to abandon the ductwork in the slab and the plenum beneath the currently furnace?

Thank you,
    Michael