Cleaning Tile Floor

1. Jessica Littrell
    June 25, 2012

Dear Tim,
    My husband and i recently bought a house that has two major problems. The first one is that the woman that owned the house before we purchased it wanted the kitchen and all three bathrooms in tile. Which is very beautiful when done properly. The problem with the tile is that she wanted the grout to be way lower than the tile and now my grout lines are like dirt rutts and is very very hard to clean. I usually have to use a vaccuum to clean the floors. I know that the tile will have to be regrouted but my first question is is how can i clean them without using the vaccuum cleaner until we can get the floor regrouted? The second problem is the rest of the house is 100% pecan hardwood. The color is very light and picks up EVERYTHING!!! I have scrubbed and scrubbed the floors but the floor still looks dirty and stained. How can I clean the floor without ruining my hardwood? And without wanting to cut my arm off from pain after I get through cleaning it?

Jessica, you need to schedule a 15-Minute call with me. There's simply too much to talk about and type.

2. Ashley

Can I use this on dark brown tile floors? I have a problem cleaning my tile floors because it always leaves streaks or build up and I have tried almost everything and nothing makes my dark tile floors look pretty and shinning

You can use my Stain Solver to clean your floors. It will make them STREAK-FREE. If you're using other cleaners that contain a polish, THAT'S why you're getting streaks. Also, you must RINSE floors with lots of CLEAR CLEAR water to make them streak-free.

3. Michelle

Hi Tim, I was wondering how I can purchace your solvent cleaner for my white floor tiles, I am unable to keep the grout clean, the grout lines are putrid black

Michelle,

There are *multiple* links in the column above to Stain Solver. See them? Go here: http://www.stainsolver.com

Thanks!

4. Peggy Bouchard
    June 11, 2015

Hi Tim
    I need to clean commercial type with tile that we have in our apartment. Will the oxygen bleach work on this type of tile. We do not have grout. Our floors are like the floors in a department store. Thanks

June 12, 2015

Peggy,

YES! Stain Solver will make that floor look like NEW if you follow the directions above in the column.

5. Deborah

What sort of floor mop do you use to mop up all this water (with oxygen bleach in it) on the floor? A sponge-type mop? The old fashioned string mop? Surely there is something efficient without too much back-work involved--or should I purchase some sort of machine that sucks up the water? Thanks! Your column gave me the first advice on oxygen-based bleach. (Hou could I have lived for so many years thinking Clorox and Bleach are synonymous??)

You can use a sponge mop or a traditional string mop. It's not hard work. Clorox *chlorine* bleach and bleach are indeed synonymous!

The point is that many feel that there's just one type of *bleach*.

Glad I was able to introduce you to OXYGEN bleach. It's so much better and safer than chlorine bleach.

6. Nell

We have recently had new tiles installed: black and white tiles and dark gray grout. Will oxygen bleach cause the tiles or grout to lighten?

No. My Stain Solver will NOT change the color of the grout or the tile. It will just make them CLEAN. CLICK HERE to order some now with FREE SHIPPING.

7. Daniela
    February 12, 2016

Hello Tim,
    My problem is with my tiles on the bath tub.The grout is way lower than the tile and now my grout lines are like black dirt rutts and is very hard to clean them. I tried with brush and bleach but It is too low the gout. I need to regrounted the tiles Did you know someone excellent and decent price.