Concrete Resurfacing

1. Ritch
    November 27, 2012

Hi I want to turn my garage into a living area. I need to raise the existing floor up 2courses of brick to meet the floor inside the property so i dont have a step down. Will I need to insulate the new garage floor or just put a membrane down on top of the old floor and pour? Thanks

Ritch, your question require lots of typing and I have some questions for you. You should consider investing in a 15-Minute Consult with me. Look at my cart for that. Lot's to discuss. I just do short pithy answers here.

2. Lisa Flaws

Hi Tim. I have recently resurfaced my basement floor and was wondering how long before I can wet it ( clean off latency before acid staining). Its been down aprox a week now and any water that spills seems to start it turning back to its viscous liquid form! Any suggestions?

Lisa, your question requires lots of typing, plus I have some questions for you so I can give you the correct answer(s). I only do pithy answers here in the comment section. If you want to protect the investment you have in your house and not waste time or money *hoping* you make the right decision, you should talk to me on the phone for just 15 minutes. It'll be the best investment you've ever made in your home!

3. DIANE

We had our in-ground concrete pool resurfaced last year $5,000 and it was great. It felt great. This year the flooring and steps(except the top step) is so course and rough that it hurts your feet. Also it looks like dirt on the bottom but there isn't any and it had a white film on top of the water. My husband called the man out who did the job and he claims it's the way my husband thru chlorine on the surface instead of in skimmer and it caused a chemical burn. He said that my husband needed to drain it and power wash it or drain it and do an acid wash on it.

Thanks for you help.

4. dave grane

you have many articles on 'concrete overlay'....ther is slightly diff info re the mix ratio...the articles arent dated.. how do i know which is the most current info... thanks a lot

I'll go back and check, but the mix ratio can have a slight range. No matter what's in an article, it will work.

5. Don Kaiser

Does resurfacing crack after a short period of time, i.e., how long does it last?

It depends on how and what you use to repair it!

6. Suzanne

Steps have been patched many times over the years, several shades of gray. I would like a uniform color. Considering Olympic Rescue it Concrete Resurfaced. Your thoughts? Another product recommendation?

Suzanne,

It will PEEL! I'd never use it. Go read all of my Concrete Overlay columns and apply a THIN COAT of stucco to your steps. Read about the SECRET INGREDIENT you MUST USE.

7. david hoey

I have an approximately 30 deg sloped driveway which has started to scale from water erosion. In some spots the wire mesh is exposed and starting to rust. How can I resurface on the slope? All suggestions are welcome

8. Paul Holloway
    November 20, 2015

Thanks for your information out there on overlays. I see your formula but all the commercial products out there are mixed with polymers. So are polymers necessary or not?

9. Alise Harper

My husband and I are looking into resurfacing the concrete on our driveway. I like how you mentioned that using thicker concrete resurfacing materials will cover up cracks and worn down spots. Do you have to use the thicker concrete on everything or just on the spots that need the thicker materials? Thanks for the information!