Concrete Wall Repairs & Concrete Epoxy

1. jean stump

we bought a house built in 1917 water comes into the basement starting about half way down the basement wall. there are some cracks in the joints of the block but are more like hair line cracks. would epoxy work to fill them by just brushing it on.

Jean,

Lots to discuss. Many issues here. That's why I developed my 15-Minute Consult.

2. Wallace Sterling

I have a crack in a concrete block retaining wall, probably due to the settling of the soil. What is an easy and maybe not expensive way to deal with this problem?

Wallace,

There is no easy way. Lots to discuss. This is why I have my 15-Minute Phone Consult.

3. Jt

Hi, i bought my house about a year ago and notice that the basement does get damp at certain times in the year, heavy rains, spring and sometimes fall but overall not bad, also the house is over 100 and the original foundation was stone and brick, and i am not sure when but they poured about a foot and a half of cement around on the inside about 5 feet high (the total hight is 6 so i have about a foot of rock and brick that i see), now the cement walls are starting to have a little water come through. I was told there is no way to dig the outside without it crumbling the old rock and brick, but the cement needs to be repaired from the outside....any suggestions?

JT, your question requires lots of typing, plus I have some questions for you so I can give you the correct answer(s). I only do pithy answers here in the comment section. If you want to protect the investment you have in your house and not waste time or money *hoping* you make the right decision, you should talk to me on the phone for just 15 minutes. It'll be the best investment you've ever made in your home!

4. DOUG MCCRACKEN

WE ADDED A ADDITION ONTO OUR HOUSE WHICH INCLUDED A BASEMENT. THE JOINT BETWEEN THE OLD BASEMENT CONCRETE WALL AND THE NEW CONCRETE WALL HAS A GAP THAT A PIECE OF PAPER CAN SLIDE THRU. WHAT DO I NEED TO SEAL THIS GAP. THANKS, DOUG

Caulk

5. NANDAN

my house is being effected with damp ness in the external walls in this connection you are requested to which chemical is useful to apply for pressure grouting how to get solution to my problem to clear from dampness of walls.

6. Kate

We have recently brought a new house around 50 years old which has cement rendered walls both outside and in. There is a several cracks where the floor meets the wall in the corner which is now leaking. What would be the best the product to fix this issue?

7. jim
    November 20, 2013

'In 2005 the previous owners said a guy patched leaking cracks in the basement's poured foundation with something he called "RTB". Does anyone know what that is? Can't find it on t...'