Deck Cleaning and Sealing

1. Coxey Toogood
    June 1, 2013

My cedar deck was washed with chlorine bleach which you warn against. I see a white film. Is there damage I need to remediate? And if so, please advise how.
    Many thanks, Coxey

February 27, 2014

Chlorine is the worst thing to use. You should have used Stain Solver. The white could be bleached wood fiber fuzz.

2. J. Merz

Just had a parti a pergola with privacy screens installed made out of cedar. Two weeks after the finish of the construction we have noticed mildew on the privacy screen boards. All of the wood was treated with Thompson's Water Seal before installation. Now, what should we do, all of a sudden the mildew is covering most surfaces of the privacy screens the upright timbers and top cross pieces seem to be ok. HELP!!!

3. mike

I have a cedar deck clean and dry sealed it with thompsons water seal and all my knots are white.Should I sand all the knots .

4. Davey Kins

I have a 1 year old newish cedar deck. I have a grill and some grease has splattered from cooking and left blotches. What's the best way to clean this - should I use the Oxygen Bleach you mentioned?

Also should I seal it or leave the cedar naturally....

My Stain Solver will remove the grease stains if you mix in a little Dawn liquid dish soap with the solution. CLICK HERE to order Stain Solver now. I own the company. Yes, you need to seal your deck. Get my Deck Stain Test Results for the best one.

5. LB
    June 8, 2016

Where can I buy stain solver in Canada?