Ducted Bathroom Fan

1. haydee
    February 21, 2013

hello, I live in a 30 year old new York housing development, and would like to know how I can cover the bathroom vents, my husband says It cannot be done cause the air flow through it, the problem is that while my grandchildren are washing up the honeymooners next door are making love in the shower and I can hear it in my room and the kids in the two bathroom. I approached them nicely but it made matters worse. I do understand them but my grandchildren are at that curious age. Is there anything inexpensive I can use, by the way I have used foam ,tape boxes but nothing helps not even the building manager not even a radio in the bathroom. HELP
    haydee in NYC
    haydee
    [email protected]

2. Mark
    March 13, 2013

Hi Tim

We are installing new bathroom exhaust fans and a question regarding terminating the exhaust ducts through the roof. We purchased roof ducting kits that have a roof cap. Consulting our roofer, he recommended only using pvc pipe through the roof along with boot on the roof. Is there any preferred method?

Mark, Walter, this is what my 500-Second Consult is all about. Click the Shop icon at the top of the page!