Efflorescence Removal

1. Alice Merrill
    March 23, 2013

My basement concrete block foundation walls were painted white with UGL sealer, I'm told. Efflorescence is pushing that sealer paint off and eroding some of the mortar and the block face. The soil of part of one wall was dug out, wall sealed and backfilled, but the efflorescence continues.
    If I just brush it off (inside) as recommended, I'll have mostly white painted walls with patches of gray pitted block and gray/tan(?) eroded mortar. If no repainting is to be done, is there any to make these obviously damaged areas in otherwise white walls look less ugly as I ready the house for sale? These eroded areas and the salts that flake off are an alarming turn-off.

2. Mike
    November 11, 2013

Hi, Alice. Unfortunatley, I don't have an answer for you. I'm posting with the hopes of trying to get other to reply. I have the same situation. I have a UGL (Drylok) sealed basement wall and efflorescence is still showing up on those walls. I'd like some assistance as well. Thanks!

3. Paul Fischer

Any new news on Stone wall efflorescence removal? Sorry misspelled email.