Chef Jason Hill (CookingSessions.com) provided his recipe for the best brownie recipe ever - fudgy espresso chip chocolate brownies! Below the Instructions is his video on how to prepare this dish.
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Baker’s Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares, chopped
- 1 oz. (2 tablespoons) Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups sweet butter
- 3/4 cup finely ground Starbucks Espresso beans
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a medium-size pot over low heat, melt butter. Add baking chocolate and the 1 oz. of chocolate chips, stirring constantly over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl of a Kitchen Aid mixer, stir sugar and ground espresso on low speed until well incorporated.
- On medium speed, gradually add the melted chocolate-butter mixture, salt, eggs and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour until everything is incorporated; add chocolate chips last, just to blend.
- Spread batter evenly into a buttered and floured 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 70 minutes, or until center comes out clean when toothpick is inserted.
- Since cooking times vary, start checking after about 55-60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Cut into squares or triangles and keep refrigerated until ready for service. These brownies taste best served cold.