Exhaust Fans – Installation Tips / Kitchen and Bath

5 responses

  1. brian leibow
    August 5, 2012

    who do i call to replace the grill which covers the duct which exits the exterior of the house.i have 2 kitchen's and 2 bath's which need to be repaired.all of these repairs are up in the air on the 2nd and 3rd floor.i'd do it myself but i'm 75 yrs old now and a little unsteady.the birds have been nesting inside the open ducts to lay their eggs.they are smart,it's a good place to raise their baby's.any ideas would be most helpful.regards,brian.

    • Tim Carter
      January 11, 2013

      Brian, you need to schedule a 15-Minute call with me.

  2. william howard
    February 13, 2013

    Hi Tim
    I am going to try and install a kitchen range hood vent. I have to run 8 inch vent pipe for a 600cfm blower. I have to go up into my second floor bedroom than out of the attic. I know I have to insulate with a sleeve for the attic, but my question is will I have to wrap the vent pipe that is in the bedroom also?

    • Tim Carter
      February 24, 2013


  3. satish
    September 30, 2013


    My existing system has 5" duct. I want to replace the present system which is built in above the stove, with a more powerful system that has 7" opening. I was told by an installer that he can put a connector and the system will work fine, i.e. will remove the air as specified on it. His opinion is that I do not have to replace the 5" duct for it to perform to its capacity.
    Please advice.
    Thank you.

Leave a Reply


mobile desktop