Flagpole Tips

1. DAVE

I have a 25 ft aluminum flag pole I put a solid brass eagle on the top of the pole should I ground the brass eagle from the top of the pole with a insulated copper wire and a aluminum grounding rod 6 ft long or just the aluminum pole its self? thank you for your input and service in this matter.

The flag pole, via its direct connection to the earth via the concrete footing, is grounded. You're done. Put up Old Glory and send in a photo!

2. Elmer Cruz
    June 8, 2015

Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing, nicely written and included approximately all vital info. I would like to see more posts like this. Thanks!

3. Candice Cook
    June 12, 2015

I want to install a flag bracket on a 23" diameter porch column (hollow). The last time we did this the bracket we purchased did not work.. It was made for a flat surface. Any ideas on how we can make this work? Thanks

June 12, 2015

Heat the bracket and bend it to match the diameter of the column

4. David Humphrey

I'd like to build a flag pole approximately 20' tall. All diy flag pole instructions I've found call for galvanized pipe. Since I have a smaller yard I don't like the idea of having a 20' tall lightning rod so close to my house. Is there any way to use pvc pipe and if so what would be a good size to minimize pole swaying in the wind? Thanks for any feedback!

5. Elmer Cruz

How to attach a flag pulley to a metal pole,and the rope to the flag. Thanks!

6. James

Hey, I am working on building my own flag pole, what is the best metal pip at Lowes i can get that would be best, I want a 3" pipe and want it to be about 25ft. also with it being in the ground like that, how can i make it less like to get hit by lightning?

7. Joe Krol

Hi,
    I have an aluminium 20' flagpole that in in the middle of an area that we now would like to put a path in for disability access.

I would like to know if it is more cost effective to move the pole or cut it down and purchase new and reset it?

Thanks

8. Janice Helbert

Hi There!
    My flag was flying fine and stayed up on the pole. My brother-in-law went over to it and I asked him what he was doing. He said he was getting the slack out of it. I thought that there was suppose to be some slack on a non-windy day. Anyway, within a couple of days, my flag was lying on the ground when before he messed with it...it NEVER fell down. What am I to tell him when I call him to come back up here and fix this? THANKS!

It may not have been his fault. The sun's UV rays may have caused the lanyard to deteriorate and his messing with it was the last straw.

Check the rope for fraying damage. Talk to a local flagpole company and ask them how long lanyards usually last.