Flat Roof Leaks – Try the Newer Rubber Roofs!

1. kathy
    October 20, 2012

what options do i have to repair a leaky flat roof??? what's the most expensive to the least expensive????

Kathy, your question requires lots of typing, plus I have some questions for you so I can give you the correct answer(s). I only do pithy answers here in the comment section. If you want to protect the investment you have in your house and not waste time or money *hoping* you make the right decision, you should talk to me on the phone for just 15 minutes. It'll be the best investment you've ever made in your home!

2. Mia

1) Can you use ice and water shield with a rubber roof system ( for a low slope roof).

2) Can you use BOTH a thin layer of 1/2 inch fiber board on the sheathing ( decking?) to improve insulation AND ice and water shield with a rubber roof system for a low slope roof?

What do the instructions say to do on the products you're using? That's where the answer is!

3. leo singson

A new additional room and deck was constructed with a very low almost flat surface and started to leak, can I have an estimate on the cost of the repair? And are we gonna take the shingles out?

Yes, you can have an estimate. Actually three. You need this Roofing Contractor Hiring Guide of mine. You're going to get three great bids from three pros. If you're asking *me* for a price, it's impossible for me to estimate since I can't be transported to your home like on Star Trek.

4. Yasmina
    March 10, 2016

I just hired someone to repair my deck and he used two layers of this rubber roofing material to recover my deck. The problem is that the seams look horrible. What can I use to hide the seams? I'm thinking some kind of caulking material for the seams and some kind of patio/deck paint. What can I do to make it look better? I went with this because he did it on the cheap. Unfortunately it looks hideous. I think it is structurally sound but it looks awful.