Foul Odor From Shower and Sinks

1. Daren Blomerth

I have a similar issue with my kitchen sink. I never hear a gurgling and only need to use a little water. A lot of water doesn't seem to trigger it as bad. I have replaced the tailpiece from the bottoms of the drain baskets, to the outlet beyond the P trap. I am still having the problem though. Any more suggestions? after my P trap the drain drops at a 45 to where it drops vertical through the floor to the drain line. The vent through the roof connects about a foot to the left (and slightly uphill) and the drain (1 1/5" PVC) drops to the main outlet about 15' away.

Daren, your question requires lots of typing, plus I have some questions for you so I can give you the correct answer(s). I only do pithy answers here in the comment section. If you want to protect the investment you have in your house and not waste time or money *hoping* you make the right decision, you should talk to me on the phone for just 15 minutes. It'll be the best investment you've ever made in your home!