Long Lasting Concrete Repair

1. Frank
    March 5, 2013

This is great information and concise. You are a true help. Thanks.

2. Pat
    February 28, 2014

Hi the cement on the side wall of my exterior steps has broke loose, under neath is stone and gravel. It was repaired a few years ago and now has loosened again . How can I properly repair this wall so it lasts?

February 28, 2014

Pat, did you use the search engine at my site and find the columns about using epoxy to fix concrete? Try again!

3. Michael Fajoni

Hi. Great article. How about I add some epoxy to the rebar support. I plan to leave 3-4" for the patch to the old concrete. How far apart should I place the rebar supports. Thanks

4. peter
    December 16, 2014

Please, I would like to know is there an additive to make paint stronger?

I would like to take exterior or even interior house paint and make it strong enough to paint a concrete driveway.

thank you,

Peter

December 17, 2014

Peter, have you not seen Epoxy Paints???????

5. Jim Murphy
    October 5, 2015

Excellent information.very thorough.Thankyou

6. A.Smith
    October 16, 2015

Thanks for not keeping this info to yourself, I had did a floor that dips from 2" to zero I drove rebar into old floor as away to level it. Bought quikcrete premix stuff bag said just add water to patch or resevice up to 2" thick well it didn't work to well. But thanks to you I now know some stuff that quickcrete was real up front about in my mind could be on me. But now think I can do It again and get it right m. Thank you

7. Steven Klein
    February 8, 2016

Hi. The info you provided was very useful. Nevertheless, I would like to ask your opinion on my project. I need to add a thin layer of concrete over existing, old, weathered and bumpy concrete (1" to 0") on the patch 6.6' × 20' to create a slope for drainage to be later covered by synthetic grass. I would really appreciate your advice on the mix ratio and application. Thanks

8. Meg

Hi I have an internal brick wall with deep mortar joints. I want to fill in the deep joints with mortar and leave a slight film over the bricks to make the wall look old. What would be the best method to ensure the mortar stays put?

9. Jim Barnes

Our "contractor" used caulk-like adhesive in setting pavers on cement slab. He apparently did not consider that the slab was carefully beveled by the "older" experienced mason. So. the pavers are coming loose around the edge of the slab.
    Unfortunately for me, our "contractor " used that caulk-like adhesive. It is taking me about a half-hour per paver to try to remove the now rigid adhesive. So, question: what can I do to speed this now demanding process up? Will a slurry coat adhere to the slab if some of that slab is still partially covered with that adhesive? Is there a way to ensure that the new bed of cement will adhere enough to provide stability? Does every bit of the slab surface have to be totally free of the old adhesive? I would really appreciate any help you can provide. I am at the far end of the Dog House and would like to see daylight again.