Lot Clearing Tips

1. Steve Tidwell

If you decide to go ahead watch out for Poison Oak!

2. Eileen Warn
    February 12, 2016

I had a man clear my lot of all the Brazilian pepper plants and some dead trees. He removed the stumps but there are still roots and stickers sticking up. I have tried raking it but the more I rake the more roots appear. Is there a piece of equipment I can rent to chop up or rakes our some of these roots and stickers? I have already paid $3500.00 and can't afford to hire someone else.

February 13, 2016

The only thing I can think of is for you to cut the offensive roots by hand using a lopping shears.

3. Taylor

I know that this is an older post but I need advice and I am getting a mix of it from family and friends. I am looking into buying a 7.5 acre lot of land to place a modular on. The lot is nothing but tree and rock. I don't mind the very large rocks so much but the trees have to go! I'm trying to figure out if I should just do enough for the drive way and the house, or do the whole lot. I just don't want an ugly piece of land for years to come.

It may be an older post, but the info is accurate. If you clear the entire lot you'll end up with a moonscape. Go back up, watch the videos. CLICK the links above to get FREE & FAST bids from local excavators that can get the job done fast.

4. Scott Light

I purchased a 10 acre lot in 2003 to build my house (I was 40 years old then). The lot was hilly and covered with both hardwoods and pines. My wife and I cleared approximately 2 acres for the home site, leaving select trees. This took us about 9 months of weekends and a week of vacation. It's not for everyone as it is very physically demanding work. I left the stumps about 4 feet tall (great advice in the article) and hired someone with a bulldozer to come in and push them up, excavate for the basement and footings and build my road. I also purchase a compact tractor with a front end loader and couldn't have done it without the tractor. This is a lot bigger job than most people realize. Proceed with caution!