Mortar Mix for Flagstone and Paving Brick

1. Mike Reed

I don't have a concrete base for my flagstone, I do have 8 inches of rock base...Can I use the same mixture above?
    thanks!

2. Tara
    June 21, 2015

Also wondering about my base.. We were planning on doing a sand base. Would the above plan still work? Or do I need to do something different?

3. Roger McKechnie

Dear Tim,
    I'm considering using a dark grout om my flagstone terrace. The stone is lovingly collected stone that has been taken up from old installations-from the 1930's to1960's. It's weathered and doesn't look like someone that just got a new hair cut. What are your thoughts on most attractive grouting. 1000 square plus job.

4. Peggy

I've recently had my cement porch and step covered with flagstone. It looks really good except that there are places where I think the cement mortar is too wide as well as too white looking. Does it darken over time and how long does it take AND is there anything I can put on it to make it appear darker, even more buff colored? Thanks.

5. Robert

Hello
    I am looking for the best mortar type of making block and Pavers, bricks.
    Please let me know.
    Thank you Robert