New Home Construction Cost Breakdown

1. Lynette Meranta

My husband and I would like to have our home built using ICFs. We do not have anyone locally who has experience with ICF, but have found at least one subcontractor who specializes in ICFs. We will not be doing any of the actual building ourselves but would like to work with a general contractor and hire our own subcontractors. In your article NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION COST BREAKDOWN, you had a link to a New Home Checklist. I was unable to get the site to come up. Could you please tell me how to get the checklist. Also you mentioned your upcoming book on "build a new house". I do not know the date of this article or if your book is out. If you would, please provide me with suggestions on getting a book which would walk us through the process of building a new home. I will thank you in advance.

Lynette, Click the SHOP icon at the top of every page here. You'll discover everything you need!

2. Elisa
    February 27, 2013

My brother has just completed building a home. There was never a contract involved in this job. The builder said that he doesn't work like that!! My brother was very careful to hold back money as the job progressed. Now that it is about finished, there is a major problem with the wood flooring through the home. It's wavy due to dampness issues which were not addressed. We still have money that we're holding. If we refuse to pay the remainder unless the floors are repaired, what recourse does the builder have?