Oxygen Bleach Deck Cleaning

1. Larry Sosebee

What to do if some of your oxygen bleach drys on the deck.It has a light white look in some spots.

Larry, that's not my Stain Solver. Well, if it is, it would brush off. Any white from Stain Solver would be dried soda ash that brushes right away. Sometimes you'll see white wood fiber fuzz. Sometimes you'll seed white past sealer resin that needs to be sanded off.

2. jeff Bliss

Do u still need to use a brightener after an oxygenated cleaner has been used on a pine deck?

No. Most brighteners are oxalic acid. This leaves the surface of the wood ACIDIC. They say to just RINSE to get the deck back to a neutral pH.

So you do the same with my Stain Solver. You just RINSE well after using it to get back to neutral pH.

You SAVE the money on a brightener and SAVE time.

3. Dottie Derewicz

I have a pressure treated deck and don't want to have it power washed. It has algae stains on it and seems to get it every year. Will your oxygen bleach product remove the algae without harming the pressure treated deck?

My Stain Solver will make the treated lumber look like NEW. It will not harm it at all. Depending on its age and the degree of UV damage from the sun, you may end up with some wood fuzz once it's clean. When the wood is dry, these wood fibers that are barely hanging on can be sanded off. Go to Stain Solver to buy now.

4. Carrie

Hi -- We used Penofin on our cedar deck which turned it a dark purpley black. Yuk. Would oxygen bleach take that out? Thanks.

5. Allen

I have about 400 sf of deck, with maybe 200 lf of railings. How much Stain Solver would I need to buy?

6. Gregory

Before reading this very informative article, I used some pool shock on a part of my deck that is actually the showering area. It looks great today but I understand I probably did some damage. Luckily, that is only a part of the deck and a little more secluded. So, the rest needs to be done. I like what I hear and read about Stain Solver and I will give it a try. I have a section of deck that is 12' x 27'. And then a section that runs along the pool apron that is 47' x 4'. I built the first section and replaced the other about 2 years ago and have done NOTHING to it sense except blow it off daily and replace damaged wood following storms. So, after cleaning with your wonderful product, what sealant do you recommend? I like it natural, not shiny, and clean of course. Thank you in advance for your helpful comments.

7. Dean Seime

What is the best product for algae for my hardiplank and brick.