Paint Door

1. Lynn Hyatt

Hello - I am replacing several interior luan doors with six panel pine doors. The new doors are bare wood. I have read your posts and they are most helpful. A couple of questions. Are there any advantages to painting the bare doors while they are in either a horizontal or vertical postion? The doors of course would have no hardware attached. A second question is for the type of paint I saw in one of your pictures wherein you were painting what looked like a bare wood door. I could not quite make out the brand name you were utilizing. Can you share that info? Thanks in advance. Lynn from Stafford, VA

You can paint vertical or horizontal. I was using a top line primer from Sherwin Williams. Did you subscribe to my newsletter? I hope so!

2. Vera Thomas

I’m a perfectionist, too. You are right that there are fantastic spray-painting tools. It doesn`t matter how much time it will take to spray the doors, the result will be glamorous. Thank you for your article. Greetings!