Paint Primer

1. Rick

I have been reading about primer usage and learned a great deal. My question is can the same colors be added to the primer at the home depot store, will this effect the primer?

February 24, 2013

Adding color pigments will not hurt the paint. Read my column about grey primers and watch the video!

2. Katy

Hi there. I've sanded down my doors and there are some bare spots where the paint has peeled off completely. I don't think primer was ever used on the sides of my doors as when sanded there was a lot of wood showing. I presume primer should only be used to a completely bare surface. I'm not intending to sand down to bare wood so can I just gloss over them? What is the best paint to use for a radiator? Thanks.

3. Matthew
    February 19, 2016

Hello,

What's he best course of action if you've accidentally painted bare wood without using any primer. Should I lightly sand the paint and then add primer? Or just accept a bad job and add more coats of paint?