Painting Vinyl Shutters

1. Gail
    November 19, 2012

Having trouble finding the acrylic urethane based paint you talk about for painting vinyl shutters. We've been to Sear's and Sherwin Williams. Where can we find this product. Thank you!!!

Gail, your question require lots of typing and I have some questions for you. You should consider investing in a 15-Minute Consult with me. Look at my cart for that. Lot's to discuss. I just do short pithy answers here.

• Sue

Did you find this type of paint? Where, please??

at Sherwin Williams

2. Tracy Clifton

I just spray painted my vinyl raised panel exterior shutters and they look great and I did not have to remove them. I washed them by hand, rinsed them, then used poster board strips and slid them in behind the shutters to protect the siding. I used painters tape along the side of the window where I couldn't slip the poster board under the shutters and then poster board strips down the length of the window. It was pretty easy, even on my second story windows using a ladder.

3. Melissa Herron

Can you use 100% acrylic latex paint to paint vinyl shutters and also will I have to primer them first