Pouring Concrete

1. krystal

i would like to know how much it would be to have you lay concrete down. for a 46 x 30 with a foot deep?

Simple. Just calculate the cubic yards you need and call your local ready mix concrete plant for a delivered price. Be sure to order the correct PSI. The more cement in the mix, the more it costs. You were taught in school how to do this math, right? If not, you better get up to speed quickly to survive.

2. Bryan Flake

The fact that you say I will need about five people to help me pour my concrete patio makes this project a bit more than I thought it was going to be. My patio will be about ten feet by ten feet. I was anticipating being able to just wheel barrow a few loads of concrete into the form and then spread it out myself. Is this not something I can do for myself?

Bryan,

I think you already know the answer. Are you a driver for R. Pepin & Sons? Or do you do their SEO? ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Charles
    October 10, 2015

Hello Tim. My question is....Why would anyone even consider a project such as this a "DIY" project? I'm pretty handy with a set of tools but the best tool I own is my brain and I know where my skills start and where they stop. A project this size is one for the pros. If it were my deck, I'd let the pros handle the job and I'd stick to buying the beer and steaks for the barbeque for when the deck is done. Just a thought.

4. Douglas Thompson

IRC 2012 does not allow the "pulling" of steel. (found to be totally ineffective) So on a six inch slab with #4 rebar 12" oc how do you wheel barrow to the unreachable portions? Is building a ramp the only way? No pumper truck is available.