Removing Grout

1. Maggie Warkentin

I removed a screen door and the grout between the bricks are ugly.
    What can I use to get rid of the old grout without damaging the brick?

2. Beth Jackson
    November 1, 2013

Any way to remove grout haze from metal? Strange as it sounds, a woman in the condominium threw grout water off the top of a three-floor fire escape (which had been recently repainted!). Haze and drip tracks on everything. Vinegar solution, other cleaning products, steel wool ineffective. If we can't clean, do we have to prime the fire escape to repaint with metal-protecting paint?

3. Johanna Vanmanen

We put a mosaic tile in my bathroom shower that consisted of glass and multi surface stone strips. After grouting, it hardened and i now am left with dried hardened grout on the stone strips. I was able to clean up the glass portions, however, the stone is covered with grout that I cannot sand off, nor would I. How do I remove hardened grout from my multi surface natural stone strip that is in my mosaic tile?

4. Jen

Just came here to say I tried this on my porcelain and it worked! The installer had left globs of grout everywhere that didn't show up until the grout got dirty. It'd been on there about 8 months, and came right off using the sugar water method. Thanks!