Resurfacing Concrete

1. janice permenter

my aggregate porch is dull, I have put aggregate sealer with stain every year, but I would like something to finish it with that will last longer. I would apprecate any suggestions on how to improve the finish.

2. Joseph Pavliga
    November 15, 2014

I have a large slab to resurface around 11X15 feet. In your article you stated " Do not let the cement paint dry on the existing concrete. It must be covered with the overlay mix within minutes of being applied."

How many minutes are you talking about ? Can I let the cement paste sit 20 minutes before adding the overlay?

November 15, 2014

It can't dry. I can't estimate your drying time. Depends on sun, wind, temperature, etc. Have a helper applying the paint just before you spread out the overlay.

3. Dorian
    November 18, 2016

Why do so many cement workers/contractors say a thin top coat, as you are suggesting here, is not possible? They ofter say that it will ultimately fail, crack, and peel off and most go further to recommend no less than a 3 to 4 inch minimum slab to insure against this?

I am in a situation where what you are recommending here is preferable but at the same time I wish to insure it's success. Will additives such as a Masonry Bonding Agent help?

Thank you