Septic Tank Pumping Tips

1. John Carston

I appreciate the answer that you gave here as to how often a septic tank should be pumped. I'm glad that you gave the most accurate answer that involved a lengthy response since most people would have given a short yet technically untrue answer. I think it was also helpful to know how a septic tank works as well to better understand the factors involved. Thanks for the response.

2. April Cook

I didn't realize how important it was to get your septic tank pumped, so thank you for this information. I also didn't quite understand how the tank worked and really liked your explanation of what was going on inside. I'll be buying a home in the near future and will keep this information in mind if I end up getting one with a septic tank. Thanks!

3. Lillian Moore

Thanks for the article! I thought it was interesting that there is no specific time frame for septic tank cleaning. The number of people using the tank is the factor that I thought would decide how often to clean the tank. More people equals more waste meaning that the tank would fill up faster. I usually have to ask a professional to look at my septic tank in order to clean it out in a good amount of time.

4. Jeff Curtis
    June 9, 2016

Thanks for this helpful post on septic tank pumping. I just moved into a house that has a septic tank, and I have never had one before. I really need any help I can get when it comes to my septic tank. It is good to know that my septic tank was most likely designed according to the size of my house. I will have to have my tank serviced soon to make sure it is doing fine. Thanks for the help!

5. Hazel Adams
    June 13, 2016

I think that it is important to be able to take care of your septic tank. I think that it is important to be able to clean it often. That way you can have a clean septic tank.

6. Faylinn

I just moved to a house that has a septic system and just found out that we're going to have to have it pumped every three to five years. To make it less frequent, I definitely want to make sure that certain solids that can't be digested don't accumulate in it. However, what type of solids would you say those are?