Sizing an Exhaust Fan

1. Stephen
    October 7, 2014

What size (CFM) remote kitchen exhaust fan should I use to properly vent a 4- burner gas cooktop? The distance from the exhaust above the stove to fan on the outside wall is 14 feet and there are 3 x 90 degree bends to get to the outer wall to vent.

Does an induction cooktop require less CFM venting?

Thanks

October 15, 2014

What do the fan manufacturers' charts say??????????

2. sudhir dhingra

kitchen is 8'x8' and 10 ft high.ie say 650 Ccu ft of air.air is to be changed 15 times an hour. therefore fan must move650x15 equuals to
    say10000times. on dividing by 60, we get160cfm
    pl advise will 150 cfm will be sufficent or shud igo higher cfm
    is dimension fan meaningfu like 6'/8'/10'/12' size or shape square / square/ is relevant
    Pl advise on urgent basi and oblige.
    Thank you

3. Ted
    November 14, 2016

Hi, I am working on a school project, how to design a heating and cooling for a commercial building of 60, 000 sq ft. Any commercial building will do, I am planning on design a system for a super market, I don't how to start this project, perhaps you can give me some ideas thanks.

4. Miss Dibyanshu
    December 2, 2016

I want to design a machine , which needs exhaust fan . This machine should be placed in lawn or some open area to capture the air surrounding that machine. How will I know the capacity as amount of air is not known