The EIFS Controversy

1. david

Hello, Can you tell me when this article was posted? I just realized after owning my home since 1995 of all the problems with EIFS ...Really concerned about in, I never received any kind of notification from the Class acts that were filed....I've been in the dark it seems.

This was posted in the mid 1990's. Just do a search about "first generation eifs defects".

2. david

Thanks for the reply, I have a qualified EIFS inspector coming the first of september. Will be keeping my fingers crossed. Im in hopes if I do have "problems" that my Homeowners might help in some way but, I have a feeling not...

3. Robin seek

I have this moisture barrier on my house am I eligible for this law suite?

I doubt it. You need to have EIFS and the lawsuit is over I believe.

4. Justin B
    October 16, 2016

Are there "good years" where synthetic stucco was installed where these issues have been accounted for in the new generation of the product? I have a house that we believe the stucco was added between 2000 and 2004.