Wet Bar – Plans and Construction Tips

1. cliff

I am getting ready to begin building my wet bar in my finished basement. The cabinet design has been done by the cabinet provider. I plan on building a wall for the front of the bar with 2x6s, just as youre commend and for the same reasons. However, my front bar will actually consist of two separate walls because I have columns in my basement that will have to be incorporated into the bar. This is a good thing (sort of) because it will allow me to connect my bar wall to the wall on one end and the column on the other and the second section will be connected to a column on each side. I plan on using a granite top but was wondering if I need to steel plate or if I can use wood corbels and maybe steel brackets?

2. Sturno
    February 2, 2017

My kitchen island is granite and the overhand is carried by wood corbels. You'll be fine if using granite top stock and not the cheap 3/4 overlay.