Whole House Fans and Attic Fans

1. Bob Burgess

We just bought a home in New Brunswick Canada and we are trying to find out what the Aston Atic 2000 Box is on the wall. It looks like a thermostat but says humidity percentages. We are very humid out here and have a dehumidifier going in the finished basement and would like to know if this unit is a humidifier or dehumidifier.

Bob, you need to schedule a 15-Minute call with me. There's simply too much to talk about and type.

2. Charles

We have a 1 1/2 story house. Half the house has vaulted ceilings, the other half is a two story house. The downstairs has a separate a/c unit from the upstairs. I'd like to install a whole house fan upstairs. Only one upstairs room is used as a bedroom. I have two concerns: First, is the noise a whole house fan makes uncomfortable for sleeping? Second, Is there any reason I can't install it in the ceiling of the adjacent upstairs room? If I did this, would it detract from the cooling of the bedroom, which would defeat the purpose?

Charles, your question requires lots of typing, plus I have some questions for you so I can give you the correct answer(s). I only do pithy answers here in the comment section. If you want to protect the investment you have in your house and not waste time or money *hoping* you make the right decision, you should talk to me on the phone for just 15 minutes. It'll be the best investment you've ever made in your home!

3. William

I would like to install a whole house exhaust fan to remove the hot summer air from my upstairs, that has cathedral ceilings. Unfortunately, my roof has extremely negligible attic space above the cathedral ceilings. Can I just exhaust the whole house fan air to the outside through a fan panel cut very high on the wall, instead of venting through the attic ?

4. carl dantimo
    February 28, 2014

hi ; would you be able to get &/or give me info for a system that is installed in our home. When we moved in we did not get any info on this system. The system in question is a ASTON ATTIC 2000 RELATIVE HUMIDITY. We have tried to locate company, looked it up on web. With no results.Had no luck at all finding anything on this system. If possible please help.. thank you for your time..
    Carl

February 28, 2014

There's a great tool for this. It's called Bing.com. Try it!

5. kMac

I have an attic fan blowing air out the gable end. And the other gable is open, and I have a ridge vent, but I seriously question the air flow through it. Both gable ends are heavily screened and louvered, so air flow is somewhat restricted. I wanted to install a fan at the other gable end blowing cool air INTO the attic. Are attic fans designed to be installed in this manner? If not all, are any so designed?
    Thanks.