Window Sashes

1. Diane

where do you buy these replacement kits?

Diane, you need to schedule a 15-Minute call with me. There's simply too much to talk about and type.

2. Debra
    December 20, 2012

I just had a house built this year, the problem that I'm having is the split in these new windows. The contractor wants to put sashes on the windows that are scratched. Should I except that or have the windows replaced

3. Steve S.

I'm in the process of removing my old dbl hung windows and replacing with a quality replacement/insert window. I removed all 4 weights from the jamb and began filling the void with minimally expanding spray foam designed for windows & doors. What a disaster/mess. The window is 54" high so I can't tell if I filled the entire void. I used a spray foam gun too - thinking it had a greater reach. Can I drill holes where the stop was for the upper sash to see what's happening in there or will that compromise the integrity of the frame? Thanks - any help is greatly appreciated!

Steve, mess is right. There's much to discuss and I have questions for you. I can discuss it on the phone if you want.

4. Wayne Johnson
    March 27, 2013

My house built in 1925 has double hung windows (top is leaded bottom is clear) I want to replace the sashes only (eliminating the ropes and weights)metal ones that I seen on This old house. Just remove trim carefully, remove weights fill in air spaces. nail or screw in new sashes and replace windows and then trim an done.

Cool. Read my past columns on how to do this.