Q&A / 

Builders Level Video

Your project calls for a level line around the entire room. This line would be needed for crown molding or a suspended ceiling. How do you do this? Using a 4 foot level and drawing a line around the room is time consuming and can lead to errors.

A better method is to rent a builder's transit or builder's level. This tool sets up on a tripod and uses bubble levels to get the instrument level in the room. Sighting through the level, mark the wall at the required height. A helper will be required to make the marks. Once the marks are created around the room, use a chalk line to create your line.

These builder's levels are easy to use and can be rented at most tool rental stores.


Leave a Reply

You have to agree to the comment policy.