June 6, 2018 AsktheBuilder Newsletter
New subscriber? Welcome and this is not a normal newsletter.
Veteran? Even more sad and disturbing news.
A few days ago, I shared the story about my friends Audri and Jim Lanford who got sent to the Pearly Gates when their home exploded in Boone, NC last Thursday at 5:08 p.m.
This tragedy (click that link to discover what happened) made the national news last week.
I've decided to do a large in-depth article about how their deaths might have been prevented.
I'm in the process of gathering all I need to create a very authoritative article outlining the latest safety devices and simple steps you can take to save your life and those of your loved ones. It might take me a month to complete my research and write the article.
Yesterday, I had a conversation with Detective Carolyn Dragg of the Watauga County Sheriff's department. I had a list of questions for her. Unfortunately she could only answer a few of them at this point in the investigation.
My questions were based on the official press release issued this past Monday by the Watauga County Sheriff's department.
CLICK HERE to read it. The timeline of cascading events is chilling.
A question should be SCREAMING in your head after reading the Sheriff's official statement. I'm going to give you a troubling fact that will answer it:
There was only one call to 911. That call was made by a neighbor after she/he finally walked around the neighborhood to discover the source of the explosion.
Please don't bother asking me questions about gaps and oversights in the timeline. I don't have the answers and can only speculate.
Det. Dragg said most of the unanswered questions should be answered in a follow-up statement issued by the Sheriff and the local Fire Marshal. I don't know when it will be released, but Det. Dragg told me I'd be one of the first to know.
I was in contact on Monday with the American Gas Association and today I made progress talking with Greg Walker the Communications Director of the Propane Education and Research Council.
Greg sent me an email shortly after the call and there were two videos he shared with me.
You need to watch both of them IMMEDIATELY.
I've been making a HUGE MISTAKE at my own home for years and it's my guess you're making it too.
Sadly, Audri and Jim didn't do what you're supposed to do when you smell gas. That's covered in this video:
CLICK HERE to see what to do when you SMELL LEAKING GAS.
Please consider FORWARDING this newsletter to as many as you can so they can watch that video too.
What mistake do you think I've been making with small propane tanks? I'm wondering if you're guilty too.
WATCH THIS VIDEO and reply in the comments below the video if you've been goofing up too.
What an idiot I've been! Before creating this newsletter, I took care of the problem at my house. You need to do the SAME at your home ASAP.
I'll have a more normal newsletter for you probably Friday morning.
PLEASE WATCH BOTH VIDEOS ABOVE.
Do It Right, Not Over!