Wood Ceilings Video

Instead of the traditional drywall ceiling, using beaded ceiling planks can make for a great looking ceiling. These wood planks have a tongue and groove system for interlocking. The tongue and groove makes for a seamless look to the ceiling. To make the job go faster and cleaner, stain and urethane the wood pieces before nailing them to the ceiling. You won't have the urethane dripping into your face!

Drive the mounting nails into the wood at an angle and there will be no sign of the nail heads. Wood ceilings add a lot of flair and character to a room. Consider it on your next room remodeling project.

2 Responses to Wood Ceilings Video

1. Hello, I would like to use the 1/4" pine tongue and groove wood planks on the ceiling of my garage and attach directly to the joists. Do you know if that is ok in a garage? I know they do it all the time inside of the house.

Thanks,
    Jim

• I can't speak to your local codes.

But my advice is to do what you feel looks best and pleases you. If the garage ceiling has fire-rated drywall, then you're in great shape.