Cleaning Brass the Professional Way

1. Pankey Kite

My husband and I have spent 7 to 8 hours cleaning an old porcelain and brass chandelier. Now, before we hang it, I would like to have this chandelier professional sealed before hanging. Any help or suggestions of where I can find such service will be gratefully appreciated.

Yes. I provide the LINK to the company I recommend in the column!

2. Rob Bromley

If you want mirror like brass without paying outrageous dollars, check out Eastwood.com... They sell kits specifically for brass which includes everything you need including the buffing wheels, compounds, safety gear and instruction. It is surprisingly affordable and it will pay for itself the first time you use it. I am not affiliated with the company - just a huge fan because they have saved me over $1000 in commercial polishing.

3. pankaj shah

i went through your website and your expertise in brass and copper polishing/shining knowledge.
    i require a small tip or suggestion from your experience, i have huge quantity of small pieces of parts in brass what have become black/semi black and i want to shine it.
    as the parts are in big quantity and very small pieces i cannot polish one byone taking hand for labour cost will increase. thus please suggest me some chemical or home made mixing in which i can only DIP and take out and it should shine.

your response will be highly appreciated sir.

4. Paul Myers

For some parts and large quantities I purchased a shaker that you can put corn hulls or walnut hulls in, turn it on and let it do all the work, hour or 2 later you have shinny new parts. I have found that larger or heavy parts it doesnt seem to work on because the parts aren't moving around as needed. I'm thinking of doing what some people have said about sending them off to get done because the final coating is critical to its everlasting shine.