Efflorescence Tips and Tricks Video

1. Ray Bowen
    March 5, 2013

Tim,
    Thanks for the efflorescence info. I have some on my garage floor and was wondering what to do about it and what caused it.

2. Frank
    February 5, 2016

Well, this was obvious, long and drawn out until the last 15 sec. Good poop on external sealer.

BTW: Your form here is formatted funny (at least in Chrome).

Love Ya, Take Care.

3. Donna
    February 5, 2016

Hi Tim,
    I have that in my Cape Cod cellar on the concrete blocks. I never knew what it was but was told it wasn't any type of mold, etc. It's below dirt level and was here when I moved in 14 years ago. I can't afford to have it dug out, water proofed, then replace the dirt again outside. I guess I just have to deal with it and keep cleaning it off; which I know it will just keep coming back. Unless you have any ideas...
    Thank you!

4. Edward
    February 6, 2016

I spread cat litter and sweep it around then vacuum it up, This gets rid of it,

5. Bill
    February 6, 2016

Thanks Tim,
    I've had it on my poured concrete basement floor and cinder block walls since we bought the house over 25 years ago.
    I read some where that it was salt created just like you told us, but was hoping for some kind of sealer/paint that could be applied to lessen its appearance?
    P.S. got over 8 inches of snow here in Maine.

6. H.M. Brennan
    February 15, 2016

Good Morning Tim:
    Thank you for the information, I have been wondering about this on my new chimney.
    Another mystery solved
    .