Hardwood Floor Installation

1. ktb57
    March 16, 2012

Bob,
    Follow-up to your instruction regarding random installation; you shouldn't put pieces of the same length end to end or next to each other to avoid a mosaic look, right? In other words, you shouldn't install a medium size board (around 26-30 inches) followed by another medium size board. And then in the next row, put adjacent more medium sized boards (as opposed to mixing it up with long, med, and short).

Would appreciate your guidance.

2. Dennis
    December 22, 2013

Hi Bob,

I am buying a new construction home from a very large builder. I would like to ask you should I opt for hardwood and ceramic flooring at the time of building this house through the builder or should I contract to install after closing to save money and tax on total purchase price? Builder is charging appx. $15k-17k for the flooring for A grade. B/C cost even more.

Please advise. Thanks!

Dennis

December 31, 2013

You just have to price it out. I can't tell you Yes or No...... Too many variables.

3. Deena Reilly
    October 2, 2016

have you had any experience with home depot's home decorators' bamboo flooring, the strand woven distressed dark honey in engineered click or hardwood solid?