How to Repair a Crumbling Foundation Part 1 of 3

1. walter butler
    June 8, 2014

Thank you big help!

2. tim Austin
    June 15, 2014

Bought a fixer upper house it is manufactured house little structural damage tearing roof off tomorrow suppose to rain this week will it hurt for studding and flooring to get wet may be uncovered most of the week

June 16, 2014

The only flooring rain will NOT HURT would be any stone or ceramic tile set on a CONCRETE SLAB. Why can't you just strip only as much roofing off as you can replace in one day? That's what pros do.

3. The Best

Re: Crumbling foundation. Check the ground where it meets the crumbling foundation. If there is no slope away from the house, no plantings and the ground is hard as a rock, there is a good chance that rain drops are literally bouncing off the ground and against the cement façade of your foundation. When I bought my 1945 house I literally watched the pounding Western PA raindrops splashing up from the ground against the house. The only thing absorbing the fury of the PA rain was my cement façade. Follow Tim's expert advice to fix your crumbling foundation, give the new façade plenty of time to cure, and add landscaping to your DIY list.