Snow Roof

1. belinda hemphill

after a small ice storm and about 2 inches of snow I kept hearing noises from my attic. I checked and did not see anything wrong. can a truss break from bad weather? and what about the noise?

2. Larry Vogt
    February 23, 2014
  3. chris

Hi Tim, I have a low sloping roof that was leaking from snow. Asphalt shingle roof was replaced with rubber roof. Now snow is sliding off roof like a glacier and causing damage to screens and anything underneath. There is minimal roof overhang so snow and ice crashing down. Weight of ice damaged gutter. What is solution? Should I go back to asphalt roof with ice and water shield on whole roof? Would an extension of roof like a metal patio cover of 6' width be a solution or cause more problems? Thank you for an advice.

Uh, how about removing the screens in the winter - I doubt you have the windows open then and most insects have gone south or died. How about moving the things on the ground so they're not damaged? What am I missing here???? Snow and ice are damaging things - move them out of the way seems the obvious answer. I must be missing something.