What is Radiant Heat?

1. Linda Benson

We have radiant heat in our ceilings, and some of them have stopped working. We were looking into other sources of heating as we found this form of heating to be very expensive, but we're also wondering if there have been improvements to this type of heat since it was installed when the house was built 33 years ago. Any thoughts on this?

2. Janice Whitaker

We are considering buying a home that has the units a pictured above, except I think they are longer. Can you tell me, can furniture be placed in front of these units and not be a problem to the function of the heating system or to the furniture?
    Than you,

3. Shahara
    February 25, 2016

I am thinking of buying a home that has radiant heat. The piping is under the floor. The heating system is gas but there is one room that heats on electric because that room has no piping. This would be my first home purchase and I want to make the best decision. Can you please give your feedback. I greatly appreciate it.